Sunday, July 29, 2018

7 COLORED RAINBOW CAKE ON MY DAUGHTER'S 7TH BIRTHDAY

My daughter loves surprises. She wanted surprise cakes on her birthdays which I bake and decorate for her. So I decided to make her seventh birthday special by making a seven colored rainbow cake. This was in October 2016. Just 6 days back we moved to a new apartment in a new place. So most of my kitchen gadgets didn't reach me yet. I prepared this only with hand whisk and so the cake was dense. But still she was very much happy for the special treat.

We need 7 layers but I had only two 20 cm cake pans. So I prepared batter four times and baked the cake. For two layers we need these ingredients below.

Ingredients for two layers:
Egg - 1
Butter at room temperature - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Flour - 1 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp

Food colors:
Red, Orange, Yellow, purple, green, blue. For indigo I mixed blue and purple.

Other than these we need buttercream to decorate the cake.

Preparation:
Beat together sugar and butter. Add egg and beat until fluffy. Mix baking powder and flour and sieve together once. Now add this dry mixture to the egg mixture. Now add vanilla essence and milk. This batter will be thick. But it bakes to a softy spongy layer, Mine is not fluffy this time as i just whisked using wire whisk. The egg mixture must be fluffy, so that cake turns good.

Now divide the batter into two and add food colors. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

Repeat for other colours too. I baked cupcakes using the extra portion of batter after the seven layers.

Prepare buttercream and divide into eight. Mix in the food colors to get rainbow colors.
Leave one bigger portion without adding colors.

Arrange the layers one by one by placing same coloured buttercream in between. Finally coat with white buttercream and decorate.

I created rain bow design and a garden with rainbow colored flowers. Add sprinkles and wait to surprise the birthday girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment