Sunday, July 1, 2018

BABY'S FIRST MASH AT 6 MONTHS

A baby is ready to eat solid food when he completes 6 months. As an Indian mother of three kids, I would like to share few mash which are good to introduce as first food. As my third son has just completed 7 months, I think I can post the recipes which I prepare for him (of course my previous experiences play a major role here) with pictures.

1.Potatoes
2.Carrots
3.Rice cereal
4.Sweet potato
5.Banana
6.Apples
7.Avocados
I will write detailed posts on each of these separately.

Note:
There are few more grains, vegetables and fruits that can be given. But in my experience and from different doctor's advice (as we lived in different places in India and Germany), I filtered only these seven which I gave to my kids during the seventh month.
I have consulted four pediatricians for my three kids regarding solid food, as we were in different places. But I noticed that all of them said almost the same. Indian pediatricians gave Indian food list and German doctors gave German food list. Otherwise the ingredients remain almost the same.

Also get your pediatrician's advice before introducing new food to baby. Better is before starting solids go to your pediatrician and talk about his advice for food until the baby is 1 year old. So that you can plan accordingly. I did this for my kids. It gave me a clear idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment